|The Western Wall and Dome of the Rock. PD.|
Western Wall - Jerusalem
Liberty Excavation Reports RequirementsOn the Western Wall Tunnels excavations in Jerusalem you will want to consult Dr. Leen Ritmeyer as he is the world’s leading expert on the Temple Mount [LINK] and one of our consultants/architects on the Tall el–Hammam excavation project. Remember that you need at least 6 sources (books not 6 footnotes) for each paper. The Bible does not count as a source. Remember to provide"the historical background of the site (including history of previous archaeological excavations, if any), objectives of the current excavation, progress at the site, and significance of discoveries to biblical study. "Make sure to choose a good encyclopedia, journal articles, and books that specialize in the subject. This will give you a cross section of material.
This site has some valuable research and photos. LINK. He has a book that is downloadable Wiemers, Galyn. Jerusalem: History, Archaeology and Apologetic Proof of Scripture. Waukee, Iowa: Last Hope Books, 2010. Also, you may find this work useful: Price, J. Randall. Rose Guide to the Temple. Torrance, Calif.: Rose, 2012. You can read it in Google books or Amazon.com. Sources available through Liberty Library EZProxy login are:
- Bahat, Dan. "Jerusalem Down Under: Tunneling Along Herod’s Temple Mount Wall. "Biblical Archaeology Review 21 no. 6 (Nov/Dec 1995): 31–47. LOOKUP or LINK
- Bahat, Dan. The Western Wall Tunnels: Touching The Stones of Our Heritage. Jerusalem: The Western Wall Heritage Foundation, 2002.
- Gibson, Shimon. "In the Footsteps of Wilson and Warren." Reviews of The Walls of the Temple Mount, (2 vols.) by Eilat Mazar, 2011. Biblical Archaeology Review 39 no. 3 (2013), 64. LOOKUP or LINK
- Greenberg, Raphael. "Extreme Exposure: Archaeology in Jerusalem 1967–2007." Conservation and Management of Archaeological Sites 11 Nos 3–4 (2009): 262–81. Academia.edu PDF
- Mazar, Benjamin. "Excavations Near Temple Mount Reveal Splendors of Herodian Jerusalem." Biblical Archaeology Review 6 no. 4, July/August 1980, 44–59. LOOKUP or LINK
- Rainey, Anson F. Review of "Mazar and Mazar, 'Excavations in the South of the Temple Mount.’" The Jewish Quarterly Review 84, no. 1 (1993): 109–11. JSTOR
- Reich, Ronny. Excavating the City of David: Where Jerusalem’s History Began. Jerusalem: Israel Exploration Society, 2011.
- Reich, Ronny and Eli Shukron. "Light at the End of the Tunnel." Biblical Archaeology Review 25 no. 1, Jan/Feb 1999, 22–33, 72. LOOKUP or LINK
- Western Wall Virtual Tour LINK
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias:The list of abbreviations can be found here. LINK
- Geva, Hillel. "The history of Archaeology Research in Jerusalem." The New Encyclopedia of Archaeological Excavations in the Holy Land. Edited by E. Stern. 4 vols. Jerusalem, 1993 2:801–4.
Modified Feb 8, 2016. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.