|Edward Robinson, a professor of biblical |
literature at Union Theological Seminary
in New York.
- Where did he take his training for archaeology?
- What was his specialty in archaeology?
- Where did he excavate?
- What famous people did he excavate with?
- What discoveries was he involved in?
- What was the Biblical impact of his research?
- Abel, F. M. “Edward Robinson and
the Identification of Biblical Sites.” Journal of
Biblical Literature 58 no. 4 (1939): 365-72. JSTOR
- Albrecht, Alt.
“Edward Robinson and the historical geography of Palestine.” Journal
of Biblical Literature 58 no. 4 (1939): 373-77. JSTOR
- Baird, William. History of New Testament Research: From Jonathan Edwards to Rudolf Bultmann. Vol. 2. Minneapolis, Minn.: Fortress, 2002. 2:28-31. Look Inside See Baird’s footnotes for more articles.
- Brewer, Julius A.
“Edward A. Robinson as Biblical Scholar.” Journal of
Biblical Literature 58 no. 4 (1939): 355–63. JSTOR
- Dearman, J. Andrew.
“Edward Robinson: Scholar and Presbyterian Educator.” American
Presbyterians: Journal of Presbyterian History 69
no. 3 (Fall 1991): 163–74. JSTOR
- Dever, William G. Recent
Archeological Discoveries and Biblical Research.
Samuel and Althea Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies.
Washington, D.C.: University of Washington Press, 1989. Look
- Fisher, Milton C.
“Edward Robinson (1794–1863).” Bible and Spade
2, no. 1 (1989): 2–3. LINK
- Fagan, Brian M. A Brief History of Archaeology: Classical Times to the Twenty-First Century. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004. ISBN: 978-0131776982
- Hitchcock, Roswell
Dwight, and Henry Boynton Smith. The Life, Writings,
and Character of Edward Robinson: Read Before the N. Y.
Historical Society - Primary Source Edition. New
York, N.Y.: A. D. F. Randolph, 1863. LINK
to various formats including PDF.
- King, Philip J. “BA
Portrait: Edward Robinson: Biblical Scholar.” The
Biblical Archaeologist 46, no. 4 (1983): 230–32.
- Long, Burke O. “Review of Jay G. Williams, The Times and Life of Edward Robinson: Connecticut Yankee in King Solomon’s Court, Society for Biblical Literature.” Review of Biblical Literature (1999): 486–88. PDF
- Williams, Jay G. The Times and Life of Edward Robinson: Connecticut Yankee in King Solomon’s Court. Biblical Scholarship in North America 19. Atlanta, Ga.: Society of Biblical Literature, 1999. ISBN: 978-0884140122
Modified May 16, 2016. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.