Graves, David E., Key Facts for the Location of Sodom Student Edition: Navigating the Maze of Arguments, 2014. ISBN: 978-1499660241. Very helpful for Liberty students writing their Sodom papers. The book includes 62 facts you should know about, helpful maps of the Dead Sea area, charts and visual timelines for identifying their place in history, but you are not obliged to purchase it. It is available for purchase at the Liberty Book store and CreateSpace eStore.The following archaeology books are available in either PDF or DJVU format. The DJVU reader can be found at LINK. Use the index in the book or search using the Adobe Edit/Find feature (Ctrl+F).
Graves, David E., Biblical Archaeology Vol. 2. 2016. This is the second volume of your textbook available at the Liberty Book store and CreateSpace eStore.
Other BOOKS by David E. Graves.
- Flint, Peter W., and James C. VanderKam, eds. The Dead Sea Scrolls After Fifty Years: A Comprehensive Assessment. Vol. 2. Leiden: Brill, 1999. DJVU
- Galor, Katharina, Jean-baptiste Humbert, and Jürgen Zangenberg, eds. Qumran. The Site of the Dead Sea Scroll: Archaeological Interpretations and Debates: Proceedings of a Conference Held at Boston University, November 17-19, 2002. Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah 57. Leiden: Brill, 2006. DJVU
- Kaiser, Jr., Walter C., and Duane Garrett, eds. NIV Archaeological Study Bible: An Illustrated Walk Through Biblical History and Culture. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 2006. About 90% of the articles were written by Dr. Bryant Wood which is not stated anywhere in the book but know this from personal correspondence. There are a few inaccuracies but most information is reliable. Good to double check the fact, however with another Bible Encyclopedia or Dictionary.
- MacDonald, Burton. East of the Jordan: Territories and Sites of the Hebrew Scriptures. Edited by Victor H. Matthews. ASOR Books 6. Boston, Mass.: American Schools of Oriental Research, 2000. PDF See chapter chapter 4 “Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboiim, Bela (=Zoar)—the 'Cities of the Plain'—and Lasha,” Page 45-62.
- Ramsay, William M. St. Paul the Traveler and Roman Citizen. London, U.K.: Hodder & Stoughton, 1887.
- Ramsay, William M. The Letters to Seven Churches of Asia and Their Place in the Plan of the Apocalypse. London, U.K.: Hodder & Stoughton, 1904.
- Renfrew, Colin, and Paul G. Bahn. Archaeology: Theories, Methods, and Practice. 6th ed. New York, N.Y.: Thames & Hudson, 2012. Look Inside This is the standard work on archaeological methods and theories.
- Vaux, Roland de. Archaeology and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Schweich Lectures of the British Academy, 1959. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1973.
- The Cambridge
Ancient History. 19 Vol. 3rd Edition. Edited
by Alan K., Bowman, Edward Champlin, and Andrew Lintott.
Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press, 1996.
PDF available for each volume.
Many older books can be
found in various formats including PDF at Internet Archives.
Modified October 6,
2016. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.