|Large Stone Structure (David's Palace?)|
Palace of David - Jerusalem
Liberty Excavation Reports RequirementsRemember to provide"the historical background of the site (including history of previous archaeological excavations, if any), objectives of the current excavation, progress at the site, and significance of discoveries to biblical study. "Make sure to choose a good encyclopedia, journal articles, and books that specialize in the subject. This will give you a cross section of material. You may find more information under Eilat Mazar who is the director of the dig for the Excavations at the City of David.
- King Solomon's Wall Excavated. Israel Video Network 2015 VIDEO Eliat Mazar interviewed on her discoveries.
- Bolen, Todd. “Identifying King David’s Palace: Mazar’s Flawed Reading of the Biblical Text,” Bibleplaces.com (September 2010): n.p. LINK.
- Cahill, Jane. “Jerusalem in David and Solomon’s Time: It Really Was a Major City in the Tenth Century B.C.E,” Biblical Archaeology Review 30 no. 6 (November/December 2004) 20. LOOKUP
- Eisenbud, Daniel K. “Archeological find in Jerusalem's City of David may answer ancient mystery,” The Jerusalem Post (November 2015).
- Faust, Avraham. “Did Eilat Mazar Find David’s Palace?,” Biblical Archaeology Review 38, no. 5 (2012): 47–52, 70. This article is LINK.
- _____. “The Large Stone Structure in the City of David: A Reexamination,” Zeitschrift des Deutschen Palästina–Vereins 126 vol. 2 (2010): 116–130. PDF
- Finkelstein, Israel, David Ussishkin, Ze’ev Herzog, and Lily Singer–Avitz. “Has King David’s Palace in Jerusalem Been Found?,” Tel Aviv 34 (2007): 142–164. PDF
- Graves, David E. “Jerusalem – Large Stone Structure (David’s Palace?),” Biblical Archaeology Vol. 1: An Introduction with Recent Discoveries That Support the Reliability of the Bible (Moncton, N.B.: Electronic Christian Media, 2014), 164–66. Google Look Inside
- Grisanti Michael A. “Recent Archaeological Discoveries That Lend Credence to the Historicity Of The Scriptures,” Journal of Evangelical Theological Society 56 no. 3 (2013): 475–97. PDF
- Hazony, David. “ 'Find of the century’ may be King David’s palace,” Canadian Jewish News (Don Mills, Ont, 2005): 11.
- Laskin, Dafna. “Shake–up at City of David,” The Jerusalem Post. April 14, 2013, n.p. LINK
- Mazar, Eilat. “Excavate King David’s Palace,” Biblical Archaeology Review 23:01 (1997): 50–57, 74.LOOKUP
- _____. Discovering the Solomonic Wall in Jerusalem: A Remarkable Archaeological Adventure. Jerusalem: Shoham Academic Research and Publication, 2011.
- _____. “Did I Find King David’s Palace?,” Biblical Archaeology Review 32:1 (January/February 2006): 16. LINK .
- _____. The Complete Guide to the Temple Mount Excavations. Jerusalem, Israel: Shahom Academic Research and Publication, 2002.
- _____. Preliminary Report on The City of David Excavations 2005 at the Visitors Center Area. Jerusalem, Israel: Shalem Press, 2008.
- _____. The Palace of King David Excavations at the Summit of the City of David: Preliminary Report of Seasons 2005–2007. Jerusalem, Israel: Shoham Academic Research and Publication, 2009.
- Mazar, Eilat, David Ben–Shlomo, and Shmuel Ahituv. “An Inscribed Pithos from the Ophel, Jerusalem,” Israel Exploration Journal 63, no. 1 (2013): 39–50. PDF
- Hasson, Nir. “Excavations uncover 3,000–year–old palace, believed to be that of King David,” Haaretz. Tuesday, June 17, 2014. LINK
- Na’aman, Nadav. “The Interchange Between Bible and Archaeology: The case of David’s Palace and the Millo,” Biblical Archaeology Review 40:1 (2014): 57–61. LINK. or LOOKUP
- Ngo, Robin. “King David’s Palace and the Millo: Nadav Na’aman Explores the Biblical and Archaeological Evidence,” Bible History Daily: Biblical Archaeology Society (2014): n.p. LINK
- Ngo, Robin. “Canaanite Fortress Discovered in the City of David,” Bible History Daily: Biblical Archaeology Society (April 7, 2014): n.p. LINK
- Pioske, Daniel D. “David’s Jerusalem: A Sense of Place,” Near Eastern Archaeology 76, no. 1 (2013): 4–15. LINK
- Shiloh, Yigal, and David Tarler. “Bullae from the City of David: A Hoard of Seal Impressions from the Israelite Period,” The Biblical Archaeologist 49, no. 4 (1986): 196–209. JSTOR
- Steiner, Margreet L. “The 'Palace of David’ Reconsidered in the Light of Earlier Excavations: Did Eilat Mazar Find King David’s Palace? I Would Say Not,” The Bible and Interpretation, September 2009. LINK
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias:The list of abbreviations can be found here. LINK
BACK TO INDEX
Modified March 4, 2016. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.