|Ruins of fishing village Bethsaida. PD.|
Liberty Excavation Reports RequirementsRemember to provide “the historical background of the site (including history of previous archaeological excavations, if any), objectives of the current excavation, progress at the site, and significance of discoveries to biblical study.” Make sure to use a good encyclopedia article to get a broad overview of the previous research.
Official Excavation site
- Anonymous. “The Key to Bethsaida,” Biblical Archaeology Review 26, no. 4 (July/August 2000): 15. BAR
- Arav, Rami. “Bethsaida.” In Jesus and Archaeology, edited by James H. Charlesworth, 145–66. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2006.
Arav, Rami. “Report on the 2012 Excavations,” University of Nebraska at Omaha. PDF.
- Arav, Rami, and Freund, Richard A., and Shroder, John F., Jr. "Bethsaida Rediscovered,” Biblical Archaeology Review 26, no. 1 (Jan/Feb 2000): 44–51, 53–56. LOOKUP or ProQuest
- Arav, Rami. “A Mamluk Drum from Bethsaida,” Israel Exploration Journal 43, no. 4 (1993): 241–245. JSTOR
- Hoffmeier, James K. The Archaeology of the Bible. Oxford, England: Lion, 2008.
- Savage, Carl E. “Et–Tell (Bethsaida): A study of the first century CE in the Galilee,” Masters Dissertation. Drew University, 2007. ProQuest
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias:The list of abbreviations can be found here. LINK
- Arav, Rami. “Bethsaida (et–Tell),” In The New Encyclopedia of Archaeological Excavations in the Holy Land. 4 vols. Stern, Ephraim, Ayelet Levinson–Gilboa, and Joseph Aviram, eds. New York, N.Y.: MacMillan, 1993.
- Brown, W. Gordon. “Bethsaida,” In The Wycliffe Bible Encyclopedia. Pfeiffer, Charles F, Howard Frederic Vos, and John Rea, eds.Chicago, Ill.: Moody, 2005.
- Freedman, David Noel, Gary A. Herion, David F. Graf, and John David Pleins, eds. “Beth–saida (Place),” The Anchor Bible Dictionary. 6 vols. New York, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1992. Often minimalist in its conclusions but the facts are generally accurate.
- Negev, Avraham, and Shimon Gibson, eds. "Bethsaida; Beth Ramtha; Livias–Iulias,” page 80–81 in Archaeological Encyclopedia of the Holy Land. New rev., and updated. 1 vols. New York, N.Y.: Continuum International, 2001.
Modified Feb 16, 2017. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.