|Dr. Eilat Mazar speaks at the King David Hotel on June 10, 2018|
Photo by Max Richardson/Watch Jerusalem
On Eilat Mazar you will want to examine her contributions to archaeology. Remember that this is a paper about her archaeology career and not the archaeological sites she has worked on. For Mazar you might also try searching for some of the places she worked. Because her work is so recent you will not likely find anything in a Bible Dictionary or Encyclopedias. Questions that you should answer in your paper include:
- Who was her father?
- Where did she take her training for archaeology?
- What was her specialty in archaeology?
- Where did she excavate?
- What famous people did she excavate with?
- What discoveries was she involved in?
- What was the controversy over her proposed discovery of the Palace of David?
- What was the Biblical impact of her research?
- King Solomon's Wall Excavated. Israel Video Network 2015 VIDEO Eliat Mazar interviewed on her discoveries.
- Faust, Avraham. “Did Eilat Mazar Find David’s Palace?” Biblical Archaeology Review 38, no. 5 (2012): 47–52, 70. LINK
Michael A. “Recent Archaeological Discoveries That Lend
Credence to the Historicity Of The Scriptures.” Journal
of Evangelical Theological Society 56/3 (2013):
- Lefkovits, Etgar.
“Archeology: Dr. Eilat Mazar: The Bible as blueprint,” The
Jerusalem Post (September 25, 2008): WEBSITE
- Mazar, Eilat. “Did I Find King David's Palace?” Biblical Archaeology Review
32, no.1 (January/February 2006): 16–27, 70. LINK
- Mazar, Eilat. The Phoenician Family Tomb N.1 at the Northern Cemetery of Achziv (10th-6th Centuries BCE). Sam Turner Expedition. Final Report of the Excavations (Cuadernos de Arquelogia Mediterranea 10), Barcelona 2004.
- Mazar, Eilat. The Phoenicians in Achziv, The Southern Cemetery. Jerome L. Joss Expedition. Final Report of Excavations 1988-1990 (Cuadernos de Arquelogia Mediterranea 7), Barcelona 2003.
- Mazar, Eilat. The Temple Mount Excavations in Jerusalem 1968–1978 Directed by Benjamin Mazar Final Reports Vol. II: The Byzantine and Early Islamic Periods. Qedem Monographs of the Institute of Archaeology 43. Jerusalem: Institute of Archaeology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem 2003.
- Mazar, Eilat. The
Complete Guide to the Temple Mount Excavations.
Jerusalem: Shoham Academic Research and Publication, 2002).
ISBN 9659029918. LOOK
- Mazar, Eilat. The Monastery of the Virgins - Byzantine Period - Temple Mount Excavations in Jerusalem. Institute of Archaeology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem,1999.
- Mazar, Eilat and Benjamin Mazar. Excavations in the
South of the Temple Mount: The Ophel of Biblical Jerusalem.
Qedem Monographs of the Institute of Archaeology 29.
Jerusalem: Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1989.
- Nagtegaal, Brent. “Like a Rock: An inside look at the character of the extraordinary woman behind the finds.” Watch Jerusalem Oct 5, 2013. Website
- Rainey, Anson F. “Review of Mazar
and Mazar, ‘Excavations in the South of the Temple Mount.’”
The Jewish Quarterly Review 84, no. 1 (1993):
Modified Dec 11, 2018. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.