For more information on (Father) Roland Guérin de Vaux (1903 – 1971) look in a good Bible Dictionary or Encyclopedia LINK under the sites that he excavated. Questions that you should answer in your paper include:
- Where did he take his training?
- What was his specialty?
- Where did he excavate?
- Who did he excavate with?
- What discoveries did he make or was involved in?
- What was the Biblical impact of his research?
|Roland Guérin de Vaux (1903-1971), dominicain, a coordonné le travail sur les manuscrits découverts à Qumrân, près de la mer Morte. Il a également dirigé les fouilles du site. © SYSTEM|
- Briend, Jacques. “Roland de Vaux,” in The Encyclopaedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls, ed. Lawrence Schiffman and James VanderKam, Vol. 2 Oxford, 2000, p. 202-204. Look Inside
- Collins, T A. “Vaux,
Roland de, 1903-1971.”
Catholic Biblical Quarterly 33, no. 4 (October
1, 1971): 547-548. ATLA
Religion Database with ATLASerials, EBSCOhost
- Editor. “Roland De Vaux, Archeologist, 68.” New York Times, September 13, 1971. LINK
- Strugnell, John. “In
Memoriam: Roland Guérin de Vaux, O. P.”
Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research
207 (Oct., 1972): 1+3-5. JSTOR
- Laurant, Sophie. “Le P. Roland de Vaux face aux manuscrits de la mer Morte [Father Roland De Vaux in the face of the Dead Sea Scrolls] French.” Pelerin, Thursday, May 11th, 2017. LINK
Archaeological Site of Qumran and the Personality of Roland
The American Journal of Biblical Theology 9
no. 34 (2008), 1-11. PDF
- Vaux, Roland de. Ancient
Israel: Its Life and Instructions. Biblical
Resource. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 1997. Look
- Vaux, Roland de. The
Bible and the Ancient Near East. Revised Edition
edition. New York, N.Y.: W. W. Norton & Company, 1998. Look
- Vaux, Roland de. Archaeology and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Schweich Lectures of the British Academy, 1959. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1973. PDF
Back to the Index
Modified Dec 15, 2018. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.