|Ronny Reich, from Haifa University. Israel|
For information on Ronny Reich (1947- Present; Haifa University Department of Archaeology) look in a good Bible Dictionary or Encyclopedia LINK under the sites that he excavated. It is normally difficult to find biographical information on living archaeologists. Questions that you should answer in your paper include:
- Where did he take his training?
- What was his specialty?
- Where did he excavate?
- Who did he excavate with?
- What discoveries did he make or was involved in?
- What was the Biblical impact of his research?
- Hasson, Nir. “In Jerusalem’s City of David Excavation, Politics is never Absent.” Haaretz, LINK.
- Shanks, Hershel. “From Bronze Age Towers to Byzantine Homes: Reich Receives Jerusalem Prize.” Biblical Archaeology Review 26, no. 4 (Jul, 2000): 14-15. BAR.
- “Reich, Ronny.” City of David, Ancient Jerusalem. 2013. LINK .
- Reich, Ronny, and Eli Shukron. “Light at the End of the Tunnel: Warren’s Shaft Theory of David’s Conquest Shattered.” Biblical Archaeology Review 25, no. 1 (January 1999): 22-33, 72-74. BAR.
- Reich, Ronny, Eli Shukron, and Omri Lernau. “Recent Discoveries in the City of David, Jerusalem.” Israel Exploration Journal 57, no. 2 (2007): 153-169. JSTOR.
- Reich, Ronny. “Archaeological Evidence of the Jewish Population at Hasmonean Gezer.” Israel Exploration Journal 31, no. 1/2 (1981): 48-62. JSTOR.
- Reich, Ronny. “They Are Ritual Baths: Immerse Yourself in the Ongoing Sepphoris Mikveh Debate.” Biblical Archaeology Review 28, no. 2 (March 2002). BAR
- Reich, Ronny. Excavating the City of David: Where Jerusalem's History Began. Jerusalem: Israel Exploration Society, 2011.
Back to the Index
Modified December 12, 2017. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.