|Colonel T. E. Lawrence by Augustus John 1919.|
Hanging in Jesus College Oxford. Photo by D. Graves.
- Where did he take his training?
- What was his specialty?
- Where did he excavate?
- Who were the famous people he excavate with?
- What discoveries did he make or was involved in?
- What was the Biblical impact of his research?
|Lawrence and Sir. Leonard Woolley (right) at Carchemish, spring 1913.|
- Anderson, Scott. Lawrence in Arabia: War,
Deceit, Imperial Folly and the Making of the Modern
Middle East. New York, N.Y.: Doubleday, 2014.
- Kaeppel , C. “Lawrence of
Arabia,” The Australian Quarterly 8, No.
29 (Mar., 1936): 63 of 63-67.
- Korda, Michael. Hero: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia. New York, N.Y.: Harper Collins, 2010. Look Inside
- Lawrence, T. E. The Letters of T. E. Lawrence. ed. David Garnett. London: Cape, 1938.
- Meyers, Jeffrey. The Wounded Spirit: A Study of “Seven Pillars of Wisdom. London: Martin Brian & O’Keeffe, 1973.
- Meyers, Jeffrey. “T. E. Lawrence and the Character of the Arabs,” Virginia Quarterly Review 80, no. 4 (2004): 135-152.
- Moorey, Peter. R. S. “Cemeteries of the First Millennium B.C. at Deve Hüyük, near Carchemish, Salvaged by T. E. Lawrence and C. L. Woolley in 1913,” British Archaeological Reports International series 87 (1980), 3–4.
- Pringle, Denys. Introduction to Lawrence, Crusader Castles. Oxford: Clarendon, 1988.
- Richter, Tobias. “Espionage and Near Eastern Archaeology: A Historiographical Survey.” Public Archaeology 7, no. 4 (November 2008): 212–40. LINK
- Stewart , Desmond. T. E. Lawrence: A New Biography. New York : Harper and Row Publishers Inc., 1977.
- Tabachnick, Stephen Ely. and Christopher Matheson, Images of Lawrence. London: Cape, 1988.
- Tabachnick, Stephen Ely. “Lawrence of Arabia as Archaeologist.” Biblical Archaeology Review 23, no. 5 (1997): 40–47, 70–71. LINK
- Tabachnick, Stephen Ely. Lawrence of Arabia: An Encyclopedia. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2004.
- Thomas, Lowell. With
Lawrence in Arabia. New York, N.Y.: Garden City
Publishing Company, 1924. PDF
- Wilson, Jeremy. Lawrence of Arabia: The Authorized Biography of T.E. Lawrence. New York: Atheneum, 1990.
- Woolley, C. Leonard and T. E. Lawrence. The Wilderness of Zin. London: Palestine Exploration Fund, 1915.
- Woolley, C.
Leonard, “The Desert of the Wanderings,” Palestine
Exploration Fund Quarterly Statement 46,
no. 2 (1914), pp. 58–66. Physical
- Woolley, C. Leonard, Lawrence and P. L. O. Guy. Carchemish: Report on the Excavations at Djerabis on Behalf of the British Museum, 3 vols. London: British Museum, 1914, 1921, 1952.