Ancient Texts are often
quoted by modern authors. These links will assist in finding
some of the ancient authors.
- Hebrew, Greek, Septuagint, Vulgate, KJV, ESV, NET, Luther Bibles online. LINK
- The Online Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon (LSJ). Liddell, H. G., and Robert Scott. An Greek-English Lexicon. 10th edition. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1945.
- Latin Lexicon Online
Near Eastern Texts: Like the Epic of Gilgamesh,
Code of Hammurabi, Hittite and Sumerian texts. Index
of Authors and Works used.
- Christianity: Gnostic, Medieval and other texts related to Christianity.
in the Judaean Desert (DJD). Index List of all 39
volumes of the Dead Sea Scrolls.Taken from Emanuel Tov, "The
Discoveries in the Judaean Desert Series: History and System
of Presentation,” in The Texts from the Judaean Desert:
Indices and an Introduction to the Discoveries in the
Judaean Desert Series (ed. Emanuel Tov with
contributions by Martin Abegg, Jr., et al.; DJD XXXIX; Oxford:
Clarendon, 2002), 1–25, pp. 5–8
- Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library Leon Levy: High resolution images of the actual scrolls.
- Eisenman, Robert H,
and Michael Owen Wise. The
Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered: The First Complete
Translation and Interpretation of 50 Key Documents
Withheld for Over 35 Years. Rockport, Mass.:
- Early Christian Writings: such as the Didiche, and the Gnostics.
- Early Jewish
Writings: Includes Pseudepigrapha, Philo of
Alexandria and Josephus.
Electronic Tools and Ancient Near East Archives: Links to many
books that deal with archaeology and the Ancient Near Eastern
are available here. Use the Browse by Author Feature.
- Greco-Roman: Text by Josephus, Strabo, Tacitus, Philo, Pliny etc.
- Greek Inscriptions:
Institute (PHI) numbers for Greek inscriptions. Searchable.
- Lexundria: A Digital
Library of Classical Antiquity. Works of many classical authors.
- LacusCurtius: Into the Roman World by Bill Thayer. Text by Strabo, Tacitus, Polybius, Suetonius, etc.
(LCL). Digital and searchable with your Liberty EZProxy
login. Text by Pliny, Strabo, Tacitus,
Polybius, Suetonius, and all ancient writers (532
works). Scholars choice.
- POxy: Oxyrhynchus Papyri Online.
Modified Dec 18, 2018.
Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media