- Albright, William
Foxwell. The Archaeology of Palestine and the Bible.
The Richards Lectures Delivered at the University of Virginia.
New York, N.Y.: Flavell, 1935.
- Bowman, Alan K., Edward Champlin, and Andrew Lintott, eds.The Cambridge Ancient History. 19 Vol. 3rd Edition. Edited by Alan K., Bowman, Edward Champlin, and Andrew Lintott. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press, 1996. PDF available for each volume.
- Finkelstein, Israel.
Forgotten Kingdom: The Archaeology and History of Northern
Israel. Ancient Near East Monographs 5. Atlanta:
Society of Biblical Literature, 2013.
- Flint, Peter W., and James C. VanderKam, eds. The Dead Sea Scrolls After Fifty Years: A Comprehensive Assessment. Vol. 2. Leiden: Brill, 1999. DJVU
- Galor, Katharina, Jean-baptiste Humbert, and Jürgen Zangenberg, eds. Qumran. The Site of the Dead Sea Scroll: Archaeological Interpretations and Debates: Proceedings of a Conference Held at Boston University, November 17-19, 2002. Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah 57. Leiden: Brill, 2006. DJVU
- Kaiser, Jr., Walter C., and Duane Garrett, eds. NIV Archaeological Study Bible: An Illustrated Walk Through Biblical History and Culture. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 2006. About 90% of the articles were written by Dr. Bryant Wood which is not stated anywhere in the book but know this from personal correspondence. There are a few inaccuracies but most information is reliable. Good to double check the fact, however with another Bible Encyclopedia or Dictionary.
- MacDonald, Burton. East of the Jordan: Territories and Sites of the Hebrew Scriptures. Edited by Victor H. Matthews. ASOR Books 6. Boston, Mass.: American Schools of Oriental Research, 2000. PDF. See chapter 4 “Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboiim, Bela (=Zoar)—the 'Cities of the Plain'—and Lasha,” Page 45-62.
- Ramsay, William M. St. Paul the Traveler and Roman Citizen. London, U.K.: Hodder & Stoughton, 1887.
- Ramsay, William M. The Letters to Seven Churches of Asia and Their Place in the Plan of the Apocalypse. London, U.K.: Hodder & Stoughton, 1904.
- Renfrew, Colin, and Paul G. Bahn. Archaeology: Theories, Methods, and Practice. 6th ed. New York, N.Y.: Thames & Hudson, 2012. Look Inside This is the standard work on archaeological methods and theories.
- Vaux, Roland de. Archaeology and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Schweich Lectures of the British Academy, 1959. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1973.
Many older books can be
found in various formats including PDF at Internet Archives.
Modified October 6,
2019. Copyright © 2016 Electronic Christian Media.